Online Tools - Middle School
There are a number of free resources available to help you look up a fact, study for an exam or just find a good book to read. Explore our new electronic card catalog right from home!
- Vicksburg Middle School Library Catalog - Easy access to the Middle School Library Card Catalog. Just click on Vicksburg Middle School and begin your search.
- Famous Biographies and TV Shows - A website which contains biographies about famous people and TV shows. Sponsored by A&E Network.
- Easy Bib - EasyBib is a citation generator for MLA, APA, and other formats.
- Fact Monster - An excellent online research tool for students to use. It includes an Almanac, Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Thesaurus, and homework help features.
- KidRex - KidRex is a fun and safe search for kids, by kids! KidRex searches emphasize kid-related webpages from across the entire web and are powered by Google Custom Search™ and use Google SafeSearch™ technology.--From the Publisher
- KidzSearch - KidzSearch is a fun and safe search for kids! KidzSearch is specifically devoted to providing safe search for kids with a higher level of filtering. The searches are powered by Google Safe Search™ and use Google SafeSearch™ technology.--From the Publisher
- NASA - An excellent online research tool for students to use when looking for information related to Space and Space travel.
- National Geographic for Kids - A website where you will find information and tools related to animals, countries, and people of the world.
- Purdue Owl - Resource on how to write a research paper, grammar tips, and MLA, APA formatting links.
- Sweet Search - Sweet Search is a search engine that is specifically designed for student use and each web site has been examined by search experts.
- Vicksburg District Library - A great resource for Vicksburg families.
The Michigan electronic Library (MeL) is a service of the Library of Michigan and provides a number of resources to Michigan Residents. Some of the more interesting segments are:
- Britannica School-High Primary sources for quick facts and in-depth information on history, geography, people, places, science, and much more. Biographies, world atlas, countries comparison, articles and interactive resources are available.
- Research in Context Includes the most-studied topics for grades 6-8 - literature, science, social studies, and U.S. and world history. Written specifically for middle schoolers (high school students may find it useful too) this information comes from authoritative sources including Gale, National Geographic and Scholastic and is aligned to national and state curriculum standards. Designed to develop learning skills to launch 6-8 graders into high school and beyond.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context is full text and features contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues.
- General Reference Center Gold is a general interest database that contains newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. Find articles on current events, popular culture, business and industry trends, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, and more.