Vicksburg Community Schools strive to meet the Districts' vision to graduate all of their students college and career ready. The curriculum supports principals and teachers in identifying resources for teaching, supports strong instructional practices through trainings, and monitors the impact of the curriculum and teaching using national, state, and local assessments.
The curriculum is focused on the following questions:
- What do we want all students to know and be able to do? (curriculum)
- What are the most effective ways to support all students in learning the curriculum? (instruction)
- How do we know if students have learned the curriculum? (assessment)
- What do we do if students do not learn the curriculum? (interventions)
Vicksburg Community Schools adopted the state and national standards approved by the Michigan Department of Education and the state legislators as the District curriculum:
- K-12 Reading and Writing – Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts
- K-12 Mathematics – Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- K-7 Science – Michigan Science Grade Level Content Expectations
- 8-12 Science – Michigan Science High School Content Expectations:
- K-8 Social Studies - Michigan Social Studies Grade Level Content Expectations
- 9-12 Social Studies – Michigan Social Studies High School Content Expectations
- Additional Curriculum Links:
For additional information or if you have questions about how this curriculum affects your child, call us at (269) 321-1002.